The purpose of this site is to allow young people, their Parents / Legal Guardians, case workers and/or other interested parties to register a young person for NCS (National Citizen Service).
This site http://www.ncsthechallenge.org/ (our “Site”) is owned, run, and operated by The Challenge Network (“The Challenge”).
The Challenge Network is registered in England and Wales with company no. 6845451 and charity no. 1129239 whose registered office is at Elizabeth House, 39 York Road, London SE1 7NQ.
Accessing Our Site:
Our Site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our Site or any content on it will always be available or be uninterrupted.
We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Site without notice.
We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Site is unavailable at any time for any period.
Your Account and Password
If you choose, or you are provided with, a password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party or allow anyone else to use your login details.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your login details, you must promptly change it.
Third Party Links and Resources on Our Site
Where our Site contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and thereby have no liability whatsoever for them.
The display of any hyperlink or reference to any third party website does not constitute an endorsement of such third party’s website, products or services. Your use of a third party site is governed by the terms and conditions of that third party site.
You may use our Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Site:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors, or any other persons, in any way; or
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
Intellectual Property Rights
We, The Challenge, are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Site, and in the material published on it. These works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
For the avoidance of doubt, this includes but is not limited to; the NCS brand, The Challenge brand, our other programmes’ brands, text, photos, images, design and other such works which appear on this Site.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts or any pages of our Site for personal use only, for example a copy of your complete application form, and you may draw the attention of others to content posted on our Site, whilst at all times acknowledging that such works remain proprietary to us, The Challenge.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any contributors) as the authors of the content on our Site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our Site for commercial, charitable or other such purposes, including but not limited to similar organisations and/or activities, without first obtaining a written licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Linking to Our Site
You may link to our Site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not link to our Site in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement from The Challenge or NCS, other programmes of The Challenge or NCS, funders, partners or other associates where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our Site in any website that is not owned by you.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Making Contributions to Our Site
From time to time we may run campaigns and/or provide opportunities for you to connect with our mission, such as writing for blogs or providing other content for us to use (“Contributions”).
We reserve the right to use any Contributions in any way that we may reasonably choose. We also reserve the right to review, edit, modify or remove any Contributions that are defamatory, and/or contrary to the views of The Challenge Network or for any other reason.
In submitting a Contribution, you are confirming that the work is your own and does not infringe on any third party rights.
We do not guarantee that our Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our Site.
You should use your own virus protection software.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any content, or any website linked to it.
You must not misuse our Site by introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer, programmes or database connected to our Site.
By breaching this provision you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 and any associated legislation from time to time in force. We may report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we may cooperate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
Non-reliance on Information
Whilst all reasonable efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of content, no responsibility will be taken for any error or omission.
The content on our Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely in any way.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Limitation of our Liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our Site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our Site;
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Site;
- any other use of our Site.
Please note that we only provide our Site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our Site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of:
- business interruption; or
- loss of business opportunity.
Suspension and Termination
immediate, temporary or permanent disabling of your account;
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site;
- issue of a warning to you;
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- further legal action against you; or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
If any provision or part-provision of this agreement is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable.
If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted.
Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of this agreement.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
You and we, The Challenge, both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
Changes to These Terms / This Site:
Please check this page from time to take to take notice of any changes we make, as they are binding on you. We may update our Site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
REFER A FRIEND PROMOTION
Terms for claiming vouchers and new sign ups
Only those currently signed up to the programme and graduates of the 2016 or 2017 programmes are eligible to receive vouchers – “eligible referrers”
Eligible referrers need to give their unique code to a friend.
The friend can be an existing contact or new sign up in any one of The Challenge’s delivery areas (Greater London, Surrey, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire [excluding Aylesbury], West Midlands, Greater Manchester, Preston, Blackburn, Burnley & Blackpool) and must enter their code at https://bookings.ncsthechallenge.org
Vouchers are usually dispatched within a month from the new young person’s completed application and payment however we do reserve the right to delay sending vouchers if deemed necessary.
No more than 3 vouchers can be claimed per person.
Participants who sign up 3 friends or more to NCS Powered by The Challenge in the areas detailed above will automatically be entered into our prize draw.
Participants can only claim a £20 voucher if they recommend friends who have NOT done NCS before (this included with other providers).
Vouchers are subject to availability and are at the discretion of our staff, who reserves the right to withhold vouchers in the event of suspected misconduct.
Promotional offer ends on 14/11/2017, however we reserve the right to change, cancel or extend the offer without prior notice.
Offer is only available on NCS programmes run directly by The Challenge and not other NCS providers or subcontractors.
New sign ups
The new participant signing up is eligible for the discounted rate of £35.
Some codes may expire or be excluded and the discounted price for new sign ups may not be applicable – if you are having issues with your code please email email@example.com
Offer is only available on NCS programmes run directly by The Challenge and not other NCS providers or subcontractors.
Promotional offer ends on 14/11/2017– sign ups after this date may still be eligible for a discount, but vouchers will not be paid.
The use of a code or a payment does not guarantee a place on NCS. Places are not confirmed until you receive confirmation in writing.
We operate geographic, national (starting 01, 02 or 03), and mobile numbers (starting 07). When calling us call charges to these numbers will be charged at your provider rate and will vary depending on your contract and if you are calling from a fixed or mobile line. For more details on charges please contact your provider
My NCS Story
Terms and conditions
Only those who have completed all 3 parts of the 2017 NCS Summer programme are eligible to submit entries.
Eligible entrants are only those who have participated on NCS programmes run directly by The Challenge and not any other NCS providers or subcontractors.
At least 1 winner will be selected from each of the following regions: – South London, North London, Surrey, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire, West Midlands, North West and Yorkshire. However we reserve the right to select more than 1 winner from each of the regions. We will endeavour to provide a platform for the winning entry to be published to a wider audience. However we make no guarantee of the type of platform or exposure that we can offer to the winning entrants.
There will be no cash alternatives for any prizes.
The closing date for the campaign will be midnight 10 September 2017. The winners will be selected by 13 September 2017 and notified by [16 September 2017].
Entries will be judged by a panel of TCS (The Challenge Society) judges and will be judged based on their capacity to capture a moment individual to their NCS experience. The decision of the panel will be final. Each entry will be awarded a score out of 10 for each of the following:
Alignment with the TRUE (Trust, Respect, Understanding, Empathy) values.
Unfortunately we are not able to provide feedback to any individual. The winners will be contacted via the email addresses provided with submissions. If you have not heard from us by [16 September] then unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion.
The names of the judges will be available if requested from the closing date of the competition for period of 7 days and any requests should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winners. However if a winner cannot be contacted within 14 days of us attempting to make contact, we reserve the right to select another eligible entrant from the submissions received.
We reserve the right to use any entries in any way that we may reasonably choose. We also reserve the right to review, edit, modify or remove or disqualify any entries that are defamatory, and/or contrary to the views of The Challenge Network or for any other reason.
In submitting an entry, you are confirming that the work is your own and does not infringe on any third party rights.
Please ensure that before submitting any entries that you ensure that you will not put yourself or anyone else in any danger or infringe any other laws.
#NCSMoments Photography Competition
Send us your favourite #NCSMoments for a chance to win prizes for you and your NCS team! Any photos sent to us through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or via our Young Person’s survey, will be considered for the 3 prizes in the categories Funny, Inspiring, and Friendship.
NCS Summer 2017 Experience Survey and Prize Draw
The survey and prize draw is operated by The Challenge Network (“The Challenge”) of 39 York Road, London, SE1 7NQ. The survey is open to Summer 2017 graduates of NCS with The Challenge (“Summer 2017 Graduates”) and their parents or guardians.
However, the prize draw is only open to Summer 2017 Graduates.
The Prize Draw
- The prize draw gives entrants the chance to win [LOVE2SHOP Voucher] by completing the NCS Summer 2017 Experience Survey, after which your name will be entered into a prize draw.
- The prize draw will be drawn randomly performed by a computer on [25/09/2017] (“Draw Date”)
How to enter
- The prize draw will run until [11:30pm] on [24/09/2017] (the “Closing Date”).
- All survey responses must be received by The Challenge using the submission method as set out below in clause 2.3 by no later than [11:30pm] on the Closing Date. All survey responses received after that will be automatically disqualified.
- To enter the prize draw, your response to the survey must be submitted by creating an online account and submitting your entry provided on [www.ncsthechallenge.org/have-your-say] by Closing Date.
- You are permitted to only make one (1) entry.
- The Challenge will not accept:
- responsibility for survey responses that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause including, but not limited to, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer, hardware or software failure of any kind; or
- proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry into the prize draw.
- Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon submission of your survey response. The Challenge reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
- For help with survey responses, please contact customer services on 0203 542 2400 or see [www.ncsthechallenge.org/contact] for further information.
- Please see [www.ncsthechallenge.org/terms-of-use] for a copy of these terms and conditions.
- The prize is supplied by [LOVE2SHOP, Valley Road, Birkenhead, Merseyside, CH41 7ED] and The Challenge reserves the right to substitute the prize of equal or greater value if circumstances beyond The Challenge’s control make it necessary to do so.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
- The prize draw is only open graduates of NCS with The Challenge Summer 2017.
- Those entrants aged 15 – 17 years must obtain permission from their parent or guardian to enter and claim the prize.
- In entering the prize draw, you confirm that that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. The Challenge may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the prize draw.
- The Challenge will not accept survey responses that are:
- automatically generated by computer;
- completed by third parties or in bulk;
- illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
- photocopies and not originals; or
Winner Notification & Claiming the Prize
- The winner will be contacted by an employee of The Challenge as soon as reasonably possible after [25/09/2017], using the telephone number or email address provided with your survey response. If The Challenge does not receive a response from the winner, it will post the prize to the address provided by the winner when submitting their survey response.
- The decision of The Challenge regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- The Challenge does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize.
Limitation of liability
Insofar as permitted by law, The Challenge, its agents, partners or associates will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize. However, your statutory rights remain unaffected.
Intellectual property rights
- The Challenge does not claim any rights of ownership in your survey responses.
- By submitting your survey response, you agree:
- that The Challenge may, but is not required to, make any part of your survey response available on its website or any other media, whether now known or invented in the future; and
- to grant The Challenge a a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the survey response and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence your survey response and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
- The Challenge reserves the right to hold, void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- The prize draw will be governed by English Law and entrants submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Data protection and publicity